13 August 2017
The Future of Health Care: New Concepts - New Technologies
In the last decade health care services have been facing multiple and complex challenges with regards to the demands of an ageing society and complex requirements in infection control. There is consensus that innovative technologies and digitalisation are playing a key role in achieving efficient and effective health care delivery on a high-quality level for European citizens. Nurses are the largest professional group within healthcare. Therefore, collaboration between engineers and nurses as well as between industry and universities are of utmost importance and need to be promoted.
The interdisciplinary Summer School will enable 40 students from the fields of nursing and health as well as medical and engineering specialties to exchange on, understand and learn about the following current issues the health care sector is facing:
• Infection Control
• Ageing Society
Learning together in an international group fosters the participants’ ability to develop ideas for innovative technologies in health care whilst considering socio-cultural, ethical and professional aspects as well as differences in health care systems. Lectures and keynotes give an overview on current health care issues. Workshops, visits of laboratories, health care institutions and companies will intensify the learning experience.
The Bavarian Summer School takes place at the Lutheran University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg and the OTH Amberg-Weiden – Technical University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Medical Engineering Weiden. Both regions combine a beautiful historical setting in a strong economic region with leading high tech companies and institutions in the health care industry. They are part of the Medical Valley - European Metropolitan Region of Nuremberg.
• Guided excursions to companies and clinics
• Visit to the Siemens Healthineers Medical Museum in Erlangen
• Walking tour of Nuremberg and Weiden
• Student Barbecue
• Official closing ceremony with all participating institutions, clinic and company representatives
Lutheran University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg
Technical University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden
Advanced Bachelor's students in the fields of health care, nursing as well as engineering disciplines like medical engineering, electrical engineering and others.
Students will learn and discuss about:
• Importance of technology for healthcare delivery in 21th century
• Philosophy of technology and ethical evaluation of sociotechnical arrangements
• Infection Control
• Technical innovations with regards to the following topics:
- Management of delirium in intensive care units
- Control of nosocomial infections and patient room design
- Dwelling forms and living arrangements for care dependent elderly people
- Ambient assisted living and smart home technology
Certificate of participation
EUR 600: Including EUR 100 application fee, course fees, excursions, accommodation and a mandatory health care and liability insurance.
EUR 100: Application Fee - non refundable
Students of partner institutions of Bavarian Universities of Applied Sciences