27 July 2019
Branding, Advertising and Digital Marketing
Are you fascinated by the world of brands and branding? Do you wonder about how advertising brings to life the power of brands, making them resonate with our emotions?
Branding is the essence of creating a distinctive product or service that has market appeal and which consumers instantly recognize. Learn why the world’s most successful brands are so recognizable through how they are presented and advertised. Gain invaluable insights on the methods of marketing that work to connect brands with consumers and help propel sales through traditional media, like press and TV adverts, but also increasingly through digital marketing via the Internet.
Field trips may include:
BBC Voices Workshop, Museum of Brands (London), Raveningham Advertising Trust.
Dr Usha Sundaram
No pre-requisites, although some basic understanding of the world of business and advertising would be advantageous.
This intensive and interactive module will help you explore the connection between advertising and marketing communication techniques and how they shape brand messages. In this module you will explore both theory and practice in branding and advertising and apply these in creating your own branding campaign. You will get hands-on experience of creating advertisements, posters, TV commercials, event marketing campaigns, social media strategy, and website design. This module provides the theory and practice of building and maintaining successful brands and communicating them to the target market, with hands on activities to understand how advertising campaigns are designed, developed and managed.
By the end of the module students will be able to:
- Understand, apply, and analyse theories of marketing communications in a practical manner
- Create an actual marketing and branding campaign using a variety of advertising and promotional methods
- Create an actual visual advertisement (moving or still) using production techniques learned on the module
- Create and communicate a digital marketing campaign including the basics of a mobile optimised website, a search engine plan, and an effective social media campaign.
- Present your findings to an audience and communicate your brand values
Students can gain 10 ECTS/20 UCU credits for this module.
There is also the option to take our Additional Credit module for a further 5 UCU credits (£250 supplement applies).
GBP 2895: Earlybird Fee (before 31 March 2019)
- Airport transfer from London Heathrow to UEA
- Return airport transfer from UEA campus to Heathrow Airport
- Four weeks on-campus private en suite accommodation in a shared flat
- Induction and orientation programme, including welcome brunch, guided tours and a traditional Sunday roast meal
- A range of inclusive social activities
- Finale celebrations with Afternoon Tea
- Assessment and study skills workshops
- Study support drop-in sessions
- Tuition, field trips and tutorials
- Certificate of attendance
- Academic transcript
A £200.00 deposit is required within 2 weeks of an unconditional offer being made in order to secure a place on the programme. Final payment deadline is 29 May 2019.
GBP 3095: Standard Fee (from 1 April 2019)
Our Standard Fee is inclusive of all the same activities and benefits as the Earlybird fee, and the same payment terms apply.
Students currently studying at one of UEA's partner institutions are eligible for a reduced fee of £2,550.