18 July 2018
Political Risk Analysis
In recent times, financial investors and multinational corporations have become more aware of the need to “go beyond economics” and integrate political factors into their decision-making process. From rising populism in developed economies to increased political instability in emerging markets and geopolitical turmoil in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, politics lie behind the most important global market-shaping events. The objective of the course is to explore ways in which political risk can be analyzed and managed in a range of environments. The course is structured to provide participants with a good theoretical understanding of the concept, but also with analytical tools to identify, trace and measure political trends that can affect business and investment interests. We will examine political risk in both emerging markets and developed economies and cover specific sources of risk such as political upheaval, expropriation, or protectionism. The course will rely heavily on case studies ranging from transnational to local examples. Simulations covering current political events will also be used in order to encourage a hands-on approach by participants and help them design strategies to manage and mitigate political risk.
Wolfango Piccoli, Co-president and Director of Research, Teneo Intelligence.
Graduate students, young professionals and senior undergraduates.
• to survey the above fields and disseminate new research advances;
• to create a forum for high quality academic work;
• to provide opportunities for the creation and consolidation of scholarly networks of cooperation.
EUR 500: Tuition and board charges cover:
- shared accommodation in a double occupancy room with breakfast,
- electronic access to all the reading material,
- excursions, cultural, social and extra curricular activities, and
- transportation from “Athens International Airport” to Nafplio and back.
EUR 150: There is a 150€ non-refundable registration fee to be paid upon acceptance in order to secure a place in the Academy.
For qualified applicants who can only attend one short cycle (half the program of the Academy) some financial aid of 150€ is provided on a merit and need basis.
Scholarships of 500€ are available for participants following two cycles (july 9-19, 2017).