8 July 2016
International and European Environmental Law, 2nd edition
After the successful performance of its first edition in 2015 (with 50 participants from Austria, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Kenya, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom), the University of Salerno hosts the second edition of the Summer Law School on International and European Environmental Law, organised by the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment" (www.odubsa.unisa.it), in collaboration with the European Law Students' Association - ELSA Salerno.
The Summer Law School is held at the Department of Legal Sciences (School of Law) under the direction of Prof. Stefania Negri and the organisational support of ELSA Salerno.
The course is sponsored by the School of Law of Queen Mary University of London (UK), the Cambridge Centre for Environment, Energy and Natural Resource Governance of the University of Cambridge (UK), the Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches Internationales et Communautaires (University of Aix-Marseille, France), the Instituto Universitario de Estudios Europeos "Salvador de Madariaga" (University of La Coruña, Spain), Greenpeace (Salerno Local Group), the Municipality and the Province of Salerno and the Association Giuristi per l'Ambiente.
The academic programme is articulated in a series of lectures, seminars and workshops for a total of 24 hours.
The course focuses on the following topics :
- General principles of International Environmental Law
- EU Law and policies concerning the protection of the environment
- Climate change: the legal regime after the Paris Agreement
- The legal protection of biodiversity
- The legal protection of the marine environment
- Environment and human rights
- Environmental protection and Social Corporate Responsibility
- Environmental crimes
- Waste management
- Environment, health and food safety
- Environment, biotechnologies and GMOs
- Environment, energy and International Investment Law
The Faculty from UNISA School of Law:
- Angela Di Stasi, Full Professor of EU Law and of International Law
- Stefania Negri, Associate Professor of International Law and of International Human Rights Law
- Francesco Buonomenna, Adjunct Professor of International and EU Procedural Law
- Daniela Marrani, Adjunct Professor of EU Law
- Michele Nino, Adjunct Professor of International Humanitarian Law
- Anna Oriolo, Adjunct Professor of International Criminal Law
- Rossana Palladino, Adjunct Professor of EU Law
- Teresa Russo, Adjunct Professor of International Organisation
Prof. Malgosia Fitzmaurice, Queen Mary University of London
Prof. Jorge Vinuales, University of Cambridge
Prof. Pia Acconci, University of Teramo
Prof. Gabriela Alexandra Oanta, University of La Coruña
Prof. Riccardo Pavoni, University of Siena
Prof. Eve Truilhé-Marengo, University of Aix-Marseille
The novelty introduced for the 2016 edition is a call for papers on topics studied during the course. The selected article will be published in the Italian journal "Rivista giuridica dell'ambiente".
Professor Stefania Negri, University of Salerno, Director of the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment"
LLM students, graduates, Ph.D. students, lawyers and professionals.
The Summer Law School aims at offering an intensive and specialistic course focusing on the international and European legal regimes of environmental protection. Core environmental issues are addressed through an in-depth analysis of existing international legal instruments, EU legislation, legal literature and the relevant case law, combining legal theory with practical application and case studies.
EUR 250: The fee covers the costs concerning: teaching, study materials provided in digital format, coffee breaks and lunches at the University canteen and access to the library of the University of Salerno and its electronic resources.
Deadline for applications is 15 May 2015. To apply please fill in the application form and e-mail it to the following addresses: Localboard@elsasalerno.org; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Fees shall be paid by bank transfer to :
"Dipartimento di Scienze Giuridiche (Scuola di Giurisprudenza), Università degli Studi di Salerno"
Unicredit S.p.A., Agenzia di Fisciano
Reason for payment : "Registration to the Summer Law School on International and European Environmental Law, Second Edition, 2016, Salerno, 4 to 8 July 2016 ", followed by the name and surname of the participant.
A receipt of payment shall be sent to the same email address used for the application form.
Deadline for payment: 15 June 2016