10 July 2015
International and European Environmental Law, 1st edition
The University of Salerno hosts the first Summer Law School on International and European Environmental Law organised by the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment" (www.odubsa.unisa.it), in collaboration with the European Law Students' Association - ELSA Salerno.
The Summer Law School is held at the Department of Legal Sciences (School of Law) under the direction of Prof. Stefania Negri and the organisational support of ELSA Salerno.
The course is sponsored by the School of Law of Queen Mary University of London (UK), the School of Law of Strathclyde University of Glasgow (UK), the Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches Internationales et Communautaires (University of Aix-Marseille, France), the Instituto Universitario de Estudios Europeos "Salvador de Madariaga" (University of La Coruña, Spain), Greenpeace (Salerno Local Group), the Municipality and the Province of Salerno and the Association Giuristi per l'Ambiente.
The academic programme is articulated in a series of lectures, seminars and workshops for a total of 30 hours.
The course focuses on the following topics :
- International Environmental Law: Sources and Challenges
- Environmental Governance
- EU Environmental Law
- EU Environmental Policies
- Climate Change Law, Natural Disasters and Migrations
- International Water Law
- The Protection of the Marine Environment
- Energy and Sustainability
- Human Rights and the Environment
- Environmental Crimes
- Environmental Protection, Multinational Corporations and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Faculty from UNISA School of Law:
- Angela Di Stasi, Full Professor of EU Law and of International Law
- Stefania Negri, Associate Professor of International Law and of International Human Rights Law
- Francesco Buonomenna, Adjunct Professor of International and EU Procedural Law
- Michele Nino, Adjunct Professor of International Humanitarian Law
- Anna Oriolo, Adjunct Professor of International Criminal Law
- Rossana Palladino, Adjunct Professor of EU Law
- Teresa Russo, Adjunct Professor of International Organisation
Prof. Malgosia Fitzmaurice, Queen Mary University of London
Prof. Gabriela Alexandra Oanta, University of La Coruña
Prof. Eve Truilhé-Marengo, University of Aix-Marseille
Professor Stefania Negri, University of Salerno, Director of the "Observatory on Human Rights: Bioethics, Health, Environment"
LLM students, graduates, Ph.D. students, lawyers and professionals.
The Summer Law School aims at offering an intensive and specialistic course focusing on the international and European legal regimes of environmental protection. Core environmental issues are addressed through an in-depth analysis of existing international legal instruments, EU legislation, legal literature and the relevant case law, combining legal theory with practical application and case studies.
EUR 250: The fee covers the costs concerning: teaching, study materials provided in digital format, coffee breaks and lunches at the University canteen and access to the library of the University of Salerno and its electronic resources.
Deadline for applications is 15 May 2015. To apply please fill in the application form and e-mail it to the following addresses: Localboard@elsasalerno.org; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.