10 August 2019
Summer School in IT Law and IP Law
The courses are taught in English by highly qualified IRI-members and guest lecturers. They offer a broad knowledge in information technology law, a field of law that paves the way to the future. IN SITU covers a wide range of disciplines such as European Law, data protection law, electronic commerce law, intellectual property law, IT contracts and software protection and licencing. On the top of it IN SITU will offer a conference on a specific and innovative IT/IP Law topic, with a panel of distinguished guest speakers. All classes take place in the IRI’s seminar room which enables the IN SITU-participants to be part of the daily life of the University and bring them in close contact with the staff members. Besides meeting new friends from all over the world, getting new knowledge and having fascinating discussions and fun with all attendants, you will receive a certificate worth 10 ECTS credits!
Apart from the academic curriculum we have prepared a great leisure programme with destinations for weekend and daily trips, e.g. Berlin, Hamburg. IT WILL BE FUN!
Prof. Dr. Christian Heinze, LL.M. (Cambridge)
The programme is developed for different groups of people, e.g.:
- law students who are interested in IT Law
- prospective students of the EULISP LL.M.-programme who would like to acquaint themselves with the requirements of studying law in Germany in terms of language, curricular content and method to have an easier transition into their EULISP-classes,
- employees with a law degree who would like to improve their chances on the job-market by specialising in IT-law by means of a four-week intensive training course,
- PhD-candidates in IT-law. You can to broaden your knowledge in the field of research, find discussion-partners and use the IRI’s knowledge and infrastructure, especially the specialist library to proceed with your theses,
- students from other disciplines (e.g. informatics) might also be accepted if they display a high level of motivation to join IN SITU.
IN SITU offers insights into the contemporary problems of IT/IP Law, covering the areas of European Law, data protection, electronic commerce and intellectual property. It also offers lessons on various specific topics such as data protection in medicine and gaming law.
After completing the summer school, participants will have gained knowledge about the challenges of, legislation and jurisprudence on information technology and will be able to discuss these with peers and take out further studies and research in these areas.
Moreover, we aim to create an experience sparking the interest in the field of IT law and bringing together students from all over the world to get into contact and create a network.
The credits are obtained by passing a 3-hour exam at the end of the course.
EUR 1450: The fee covers teaching, accomodation, public transport within the city and the trips to Berlin and Hamburg and other leisure activities.
An early bird discount of 150 € is available. For details, please check our website.