29 July 2022
Fintech and Emerging Financing Models in a Dynamic World
During this course you will deal with real-life cases and projects while honing your creativity, flexibility, professional insights and social skills in Lean (start-up) projects and scrums that will equip you to face the future of today’s gig economy. You will learn to innovate within a sustainable financial model or product, cooperating with financial experts in a business environment based on principles such as good finance, inclusive finance and international impact investment. New start-ups as well as banks, insurance companies, pension funds and other traditional financial institutions will reap the rewards of your expertise in finance’s new frontier.
The programme consists of (guest) lectures on fintech developments and blockchain and will be assessed by your own (group) work on a new financial model or product. An off-site visit will be included.
Topics to be covered amongst others:
- financial innovations
- fintech banking products
- fintech treasury products
- alternative funding sources
- blockchain models
- crypto currencies
- case studies
Advanced Bachelor students, Master students, PhD candidates and professionals are welcome to apply!
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
• grasp the principles and concepts of doing business in an international market context in various economic cycles.
• develop a Lean start-up and arrange SME financing during the lifecycle of a firm.
• utilize forecasting and scenario techniques to define financing needs and structures.
• adopt various approaches to financial models and fintech innovations such as blockchains.
• work in cross-cultural teams, write a Lean plan and present it.
Contact Hours: 45
EUR 950: Tuition fees two-week course:
VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner €650
Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam €900
Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam €950*
Early Bird offer
Applications received before 15 March (CET 23:59) receive €50 Early Bird discount!
VU Amsterdam Summer School offers two kinds of scholarships: the Academic Scholarship and the Photographer Scholarship. More information can be found on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.