1 August 2020
on course website
Fintech and Emerging Financing Models in a Dynamic World
Many of the jobs we will be doing in five years do not exist today. The world is changing rapidly and the world of finance has to change with it. New innovations will take place both within and beyond existing structures: fintechs providimg services such as crowdfunding, P2P lending, family lending, inclusive financing and impact investing will be refined and made more sustainable, while new opportunities using blockchain technology will be developed. Fintechs will disrupt legacy banks and democratize financial services.
Frans Boumans (VU Amsterdam), Bernhard van der Biessen.
Students of business economics, business administration and comparable courses; business professionals from a wide range of sectors including consultancy, banking, NGO’s and all levels of government. Our courses are multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students and professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds. If you have any doubts about your eligibility, please don't hesitate to contact us.
At the end of this course, you:
• grasp the principles and concepts of doing business in an international market context in various economic cycles.
• can develop a lean start-up and arrange SME financing during the lifecycle of a firm.
• can utilize forecasting and scenario techniques to define financing needs and structures.
• can adopt various approaches to financial models and fintech innovations such as blockchains.
• are able to work in cross-cultural teams, write a lean plan and present a financing request in a Dragons’ Den setting.
Contact Hours: 45
Do you want to make the most out of your summer? You can combine this course with a course in session 1 to create a 4-week summer school.
EUR 1150: The tuition fee of a two-week course is €1150. This tuition fee includes:
- Airport pick-up service
- Course excursions
- Orientation programme and welcome
- On-site support and 24/7 emergency assistance
- A transcript of records and certificate of attendance after completing the course
- Meal vouchers to be spent at the university restaurant for either lunch or dinner
- A discounted access to our sport facilities
VU Amsterdam Summer School offers three kinds of scholarships: the Academic Scholarship, the Photographer Scholarship and the Vlogger/Videographer Scholarship. More information can be found on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.Register for this course
on course website