24 August 2018
Nonlinear Life. Edition 2
In 2018, the professors from the Czech Republic, Germany, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Spain, Turkey, and the USA will deliver the lectures, share the experience and offer the topics for the converged sciences projects to be developed by the students during the summer school.
Official course website: http://www.rtu.lv/en/nonlinearlife
The scientific program of the School 2018 will include the following fields:
- Fusion of radiology, cardiology, medical engineering and physics
- Formalization of the nonlinear phenomena
- Structural biology and genetics
- Nanotechnologies and nanomaterials
- Surface phenomena
- Nonlinear optical and electrical processes by/for bio-objects
You will visit advanced health care institutions, for example, the Oncology Centre of Latvia as well as enterprises like Baltic Scientific Instruments (specialized in the development and production of devices for spectrometric analysis based on semiconductor and scintillation radiation detectors) and Riga Nuclear Medicine Centre (nuclear medicine research laboratory, which is providing research and commercial research services).
The Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Nanotechnologies of Riga Technical University
- Undergraduate student (finished at least one year of studies by the time the summer school starts)
- Postgraduate student
- Doctoral student
You are familiar with
- Mathematical calculus
- General physics
- Basics of computing technologies
- Speak fluent English
- Appreciate the experience of learning from and working with qualified professionals
- You are a creative person
- Looking for added value content
The aims of the summer school:
1. To deepen and extend the knowledge of students (university level - bachelor, master and doctoral (PhD) students), as well as researchers in the fields of nonlinear dynamics, medical engineering and physics by means of regular lectures and educational sessions. Students have to be educated in mathematical calculus, general physics, and basics of computing technologies;
2. To teach students how to use certain mathematical methods and computing tools for the analysis of various processes;
3. To help them gain skills in research methodology of complex systems by means of a computer experiment;
4. To carry out practical exercises/experiments in research laboratories on the basis of an science converging approach;
5. To promote social and professional networking during the lectures and social events;
6. To introduce Latvia, its history and culture.
Certificates of Further Education of Riga Technical University and 3 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credit points will be awarded upon completion of the program.
EUR 700: The participation fee covering registration, tuition, accommodation in the student hostel of RTU, meals (breakfast and lunch) and the social program is EUR 700. The participants will have to cover their travel expenses and health insurance.
Based on the evaluation of the application documents, participant with the most outstanding results will receive a discount for covering participation fee.