20 August 2019
Over the last years eSports is experiencing a rapid growth in the number of players, spectators, and the amount of revenues and worldwide publicity. The eSport earnings are expected to increase with 40% each year, leading to a staggering 1072 million dollar in 2019. These include media rights, merchandise & tickets, online advertising, and brand partnerships.
Nowadays eSports is more than the traditional game tournament at a game convention. With the maturation of the market surrounding eSports, professional eSport players and player teams came into existence: all battling for their and their sponsors’ share in the game. Whether it is for league of legends, counterstrike, Dota 2, or the upcoming FIFA e-devisions that run parallel to the traditional soccer competition, eSport player are more and more living the life of athletes.
Undergraduate (advanced Bachelor students)
- Work in multidisciplinary teams
- Analyze games based on scientific theory
- Analyze player behavior
- Identify key performance indicators for better play
EUR 875: Our fee is an all-in package consisting the following components:
- A stay at the inspirational campus of the University of Twente
- Course participation
- Course materials
- A tent to sleep in (included: air mattress, flashlight, pillow and sleeping bag)
- Food (breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Free entry to the UT Sport Centre
No scholarships offered! Please check your current/home university!