18 August 2023
Education in Diverse Cultures
Diversity education. Multicultural education. Intercultural sensitivity. Learning culture and teaching culture. Teacher collaboration. Cultural traditions and diversity encounters in education. Communication styles in various cultures. Values underlying teacher-student relationships in various cultures.
Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level students.
After completing the study unit, the student
• understands concepts and perspectives underlying the diversity in educational settings,
• can apply theoretical knowledge in observing the learners' cultural diversity from different perspectives,
• can recognize and value cultural diversity and its significance in education, training, pedagogical activities, human encounters in work communities, as well as in individuals and their behaviours,
• can distinguish the factors that transmit and create culture in education and training,
• recognizes the significance of pedagogical activity for developing the cooperation and mutual understanding between the individuals,
• can evaluate the significance of shared expertise in operational environments of education.
EUR 500: Course fee. The fee for UEF partner university students is 400 e.
EUR 200: Course fee for exchange students starting in autumn 2023.