14 July 2019
Research as an Important Part of Tourism Business
This course will give students detailed knowledge and understanding of a comprehensive range of methodological issues and analytical techniques in tourism studies. At the successful completion of this course, the student’s knowledge, skills, and understanding of the important stages in the research process such as the selection of appropriate data types and methods, data acquisition, data analysis, and data presentation will be significantly improved. Students will have opportunity to work with the actual data from the main tourism agency of Georgia and receive very unique practical experience. Furthermore, basic principles of tourism economics will also be covered during the course.
Mr. Giorgi Bregadze
We offer this program for university students who has interest in Tourism Research. Prerequisites for participation are a good command of written and spoken English (we do not require from students to submit language test results).
Course aims to give students the knowledge of:
• General methodology used in Tourism Research
• Main Sources of Tourism data
• Data acquisition techniques used by tourism researchers
• Sampling Design
• Data preparation
• Conceptual introduction to qualitative research
• Measuring economic effects of Tourism
• Demand and Supply Analysis
• Research Reporting
• Research software program to compute the tools of tourism analysis
5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
EUR 300: The course fee includes:
• the application fee and necessary study materials;
• free internet access on campus;
• access to library from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm;
• free SIM card;
• cultural and social activities: city tour/excursion.
The course fee does not include:
• personal expenses.