15 July 2022
on course website
English Skills for Higher Education Staff Members
The English Skills for Higher Education Staff Members Summer School is designed for academic, non-academic, administrative and technical staff members in Higher Education institutions:
- who are in search of ways of improving their English proficiency;
- who want to gain more insight into English as a medium of communication in Higher Education institutions;
- who want to keep up to date with developments in global communication in English;
- who want to improve their communication in English;
- who want to reflect on and develop their intercultural communication skills.
The English Skills for Higher Education Staff Members Summer School workshops include topics such as:
- diverse methods of improving your vocabulary;
- grammar features typical for Higher Education institution setting;
- levels of formality in speaking and various speaking situations;
- levels of formality in writing and various writing genres;
- language of giving and accepting feedback;
- creative and critical thinking;
- intercultural communication.
The course is designed for higher education staff (academic, non-academic, administrative and technical members in higher education institutions). Participants can apply for ERASMUS+ funding.
For further information, please check our website or email the team at email@example.com.
The course is designed for higher education staff (academic, non-academic, administrative and technical members in higher education institutions).
The English Skills for Higher Education Staff Members Summer School offers you a highly professional language development experience at Masaryk University. The course is carefully structured to give you a unique learning and study experience of an English Summer School in the Centre of Brno. A group of international and Masaryk University experts will provide you with an opportunity to develop an understanding of ways to approach internationalisation processes and communication in university and Higher Education institution settings. Those five days will help you to get practical insight into how to improve your vocabulary and grammar useful in Higher Education institution setting; how to identify and work effectively with various levels of formality in both speaking and writing, how to get engaged in critical and creative thinking in English or how to be effective in communication in the international academic environment in general.
EUR 290: Early Bird price.
Early Bird registration deadline: 20 April 2022
EUR 390: Standard price.
Standard registration deadline: 30 June 2022
Members of the EDUC Alliance, Casajc, CercleS and Masaryk University Staff are eligible for discounts. For more information, please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants can apply for ERASMUS+ funding.Register for this course
on course website