9 July 2021
on course website
Language Development for Academic Writing
Do you need to communicate your research in scientific papers or publications but do you still find aspects of English an ongoing challenge? Do you struggle with English tenses, articles (the and a), word order or effective sentence structure? Does your native language work very differently? Is direct translation just not possible because your language does not, for example, use tense or articles?
Language Development for Academic Writing was developed with speakers of non-European languages in mind. Using a highly practical digital language platform and receiving input and feedback from your teacher on your own writing, you will gain the insight and tools you need to overcome these final language hurdles. All grammatical issues are explained taking into account the language backgrounds of participants.
During the course, you will have access to GOALS, our interactive online learning environment. You will read short explanations, see helpful examples from academic texts, practice what you have learned and receive immediate feedback on online tasks.
Dr. Edith Schouten
Senior teacher of English
Radboud In’to Languages
This course is designed for students and PhD students with a non-European language background.
After this course, you are able to:
1. Use the correct and appropriate grammar for the different parts of your paper
2. Write grammatical, effective and easy to read sentences using academic/scientific writing style
3. Use articles (the and a) in the right places and leave them out when needed
4. Use appropriate verb tense given the meaning you want to convey
5. Use online resources to edit your work for vocabulary, grammar and style
EUR 725: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.
We offer a number of reduced fees.Register for this course
on course website