1 August 2021
Regional Studies: The Case of Latgaleblended course
Latvian Language and Culture Summer School “Regional Studies: The Case of Latgale” comprises two parts: Latvian language learning and Regional studies. Summer School is organized by the Centre for Latvian Studies of Daugavpils University, which on the basis of the State Education Development Agency of the Republic of Latvia competition has acquired the right to organize this school for the fifth year and is an experienced summer school implementer with a creative, professional, and responsive team.
Summer School “Regional Studies: The Case of Latgale” is an excellent opportunity to focus on the regional studies phenomenon, learn its research tools, do field studies in Latgale region, improve the communicative competence using the basic level (A1) of Latvian language in the field studies.
Depending on the epidemiological situation around the world and in Latvia, the summer school will take place in one of the following forms: face to face in Daugavpils / online / hybrid form.
There are 10 scholarships available for participation in the summer school.
It is possible to participate in the summer school for charge.
Head of Summer School: Dr. philol., prof. Maija Burima
Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral students, academic and research staff of foreign higher education institutions are welcome to participate in the summer schoool.
- To give knowledge about the object of regional study and methods of its research;
- To acquaint the participants with the specificity of Latgale region in the context of Latvia;
- To do field studies, characterizing the economic, environmental, cultural, entertainment etc. objects of Latgale region using methods of regional study;
- To learn Latvian language at the basic level, practice its use while doing field studies;
- To come up with conclusions about the opportunities of using the regional study approach;
- To do the Latvian language knowledge test.
Students completing the course will be issued a certificate of attendance (6 ECTS).
EUR 90: Latvian Language Learning Module (for 0-A1 and A1-A2 levels)
EUR 45: Regional Study Module
There are 10 scholarships available for participation in the summer school. Application deadline: 01/04/2021.
This project has been funded with support from State Education Development Agency of the Republic of Latvia