21 June 2024
Measuring Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing accountability is another new normal; information is everywhere but data overload remains a pressing problem for marketers. Whilst senior managers know they must measure their longer-term performance, the process in practice is anything but straightforward. How marketers’ sort between what can, and what should, be measured is a question that few have an answer for? In this course, we take a look at the rationale and practice of designing comprehensive marketing performance measurement (MPM) systems. In so doing, students will be encouraged to design their own system, and organically and critically appraise different metrics. The course brings together some of the latest insights in the area of marketing performance measurement in a practical, non-technical way; in essence, this is more a marketing management course and not a marketing analytics course.
You may find more information on the course on our website.
MEASURING MARKETING EFFECTIVENESS
Dr. Rob Angell, Associate Professor in Marketing Research, University of Southampton
bachelor-master's degree students
- To learn the theoretical and practical reasons for deploying marketing performance measurement (MPM) systems.
- To differentiate between marketing metrics and marketing KPI’s.
- To learn the five key rules for effective marketing performance measurement systems.
- To unpack the steps required to (theoretically) build a marketing performance measurement system.
- To establish different metrics available to marketers, and how to critically evaluate these metrics in practice.
4 ECTS - 2 US.
EUR 600: Tuition fee: 700€ for free movers. 100€ discount on tuition fee if you complete your application before March 15, 2024.
No tuition fees for students nominated by a partner university.
EUR 100: Admin fee: 100€ for all students (non refundable)