1 June 2021
Film Music Composition for Beginnersonline course
This six-week online evening course will equip you with an understanding of how to write music for film. You will analyse scenes from different films and explore how a particular genre of music complements a film visual. The topics addressed will include orchestration, composing with instrument sample libraries in Logic Pro and the composition of original music to a given clip.
Tuesday evenings on 27 April, 4, 11, 18, 25 May and 1 June 2021
Barbara De Biasi is the Professor in charge of Film Music in the Electronic Music Department at Guildhall School. She has been teaching film music composition and keyboard skills at Guildhall since 2018. She has worked with film directors worldwide.
- Anyone aged 18 or over who has a passion for cinema and film music.
- No prior experience of film music composition is necessary but a basic understanding of Logic Pro X is needed.
In this course you can expect to learn:
- How to spot a scene
- What kind of music complements a particular scene
- How to use instrumental sample libraries in Logic Pro X
- How to write music for a given clip
By the end of the course, you will have composed your own music for a film clip and will have learnt the basics of film music analysis, as well as how to “spot” a film.
GBP 195: £195