23 July 2022
on course website
3D Printing in Pharmaceutics
3D printing is gaining attention as the manufacturing tool not only in the engineering industry but also in
the field of pharmacy. This intensive course aims to introduce students to different types of 3D printing
technologies (FDM, SLA, SSE) with respect to possible uses in pharmacy, mainly pharmaceutical technology.
Each module comprises of theoretical base followed by practical preparation of selected drug dosage form
and its evaluation.
1) Basic principles of 3D printing, workflow, input data and software preparation
2) SSE printing of drug dosage forms
3) SLA printing of drug dosage forms
4) FDM printing of drug dosage forms
5) Inkjet printing of pharmaceuticals
6) FDM and SLA printing hacks for easier and efficient lab life
7) 3D printing in relation to individualized therapy
Jan Elbl, Jan Gajdziok, Dagmar Blaháčková, Natália Janigová
Generally no pre-requirements. Course is made for students interested in wide base of 3D printing methods usable in pharmaceutics field in the Masters and PhD levels
This course falls under Masaryk University's 'Intensive Summer School'. Students will study their classes in the morning and in the afternoon be free to participate in social and cultural activities arranged in and around Brno.
EUR 400: The full cost of this programme is €1000. The cost breakdowns as follows:
- tuition fees
- Accommodation in Brno (10-23 July)
- Opening and Closing receptions
- Culture activities around Brno
- Day trip to Prague or Vienna
- 24/7 support
- Social programme
A €100 discount is available for students from partner universities
Students should budget an additional €200-500 depending on their spending habits for food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and fun "optional" activities in Brno.
EUR 350: discount for partner university students
on course website