23 June 2023
Introduction to Data Science
This course will provide an introduction to data science by covering the basic methods and practices of a data science project. The course is designed around the data science lifecycle to show the techniques for handling a data science project. You will be exposed to basic programming skills in Python and learn how to select, clean, analyse, visualise and interpret data.
By following this course you will have knowledge and insight into: i) differentiating the steps of the data science life cycle; ii) formulating a data research question iii) using Python as the programming language, how data can be analysed; iv) know how basic data analysis algorithms work; v) draw conclusions with regard to the data question/hypothesis by interpreting the data.
Dr. Visara Urovi is your course coordinator. The course is delivered with the support of tutors: Dr. Linda Rieswijk and Thales Bertaglia.
• Familiarity with datasets (e.g., in Excel)
• Being Tech-savvy
• Getting familiar with the data science lifecycle;
• Using Python as a programming language to perform data analysis tasks;
• Becoming familiar with the data manipulation process and how to achieve this in Python;
• Getting introduced to basic machine learning algorithms and in their application;
• Understanding data interpretation and visualization tools;
• Understanding responsibly principles in data science projects.
EUR 899: Tuition fee.
No scholarships are available for this course.