14 July 2023
Human Resources Management, Leadership and Culture in an International Context
This Summer Course is a two week 4 ECT program focusing on adding a global dimension to the participants’ knowledge acquired in their 3rd year bachelor curriculum.
This Summer Course opts to go beyond mere textbook knowledge. The focus lies more on recent insights, in-depth understanding and practical application.
Topics in Week 1. Leadership and Culture in International Context:
• Leadership in international context
• Cultures as context
• Cross-cultural management
• Impact of culture; individual and corporate level
• The international manager/leader
• Tools for assessing corporate culture
• Corporate culture and change
Topics in Week 2. HRM in International Context
• Strategic HRM in international context
• Technical HRM aspects in international context (international recruitment/selection/talent management, etc.)
• Training and development in international context
• HRM and Innovation (e.g. robotization, 3rd wave of virtual work, etc.)
• Work and Sustainability in international context.
None other than a 3rd year bachelor
The main goals of this course are:
1. To define a thorough understanding of the growing need for leadership and management of cultural diversity in the global business context.
2. To provide conceptual and practical frameworks for successfully managing people and teams in a global, cross-cultural context.
3. To identify new developments in the field of HRM, in relation to the increasing international and cross-cultural workforce.
4. To develop the necessary insights and skills for international managers and professionals to operate successfully in an highly competitive, international context.
EUR 1199: Tuition fee.
No scholarships are available for this course.