1 September 2023
Introduction to Data Analytics in Ronline course
Many companies have access to mountains of data and increasingly recognize the importance of turning these data into insights. This development leads to a pressing need for data analysts and explains the growing popularity of data analytics software. This course introduces participants to one such software package, namely the open-source programming environment R. Through lectures and interactive, assignment-based, tutorials, students will be introduced to three crucial aspects of data analytics in R: (i) basic objects and operations in R; (ii) flow control and programming in R; and (iii) working with data in R (management, analysis, and visualization).
The course offers a good foundation for individuals who intend to get involved in data analytics (e.g., start a business intelligence/analytics master program or plan to take other, independent data analytics courses), but have little or no coding/programming experience. The skills acquired in this course are also useful for data analytics in syntax-driven environments other than R.
▪ Knowledge of algebra (high-school level)
▪ Familiarity with datasets (e.g. in Excel or SPSS)
▪ No prior coding or programming experience needed
▪ Get to know the open-source language R and the accompanying developers’ environment RStudio;
▪ Become familiar with the basic objects and operations in R;
▪ Get introduced to programming and algorithmic thinking;
▪ Learn to work with data in R.
EUR 499: Tuition fee.
No scholarships are available for this course.