4 August 2023
Recording Rock-art Fieldwork
In the wonderful framework of Valcamonica, UNESCO heritage since 1979, the Centro Camuno of Studi Preistorici organize the annual recording rock-art fieldwork. Also this year, the fieldowork continue in the site of Foppe di Nadro (Riserva naturale incisioni rupestri di Ceto, Cimbergo e Paspardo) to complete the documentation and publish the area.
The fieldwork is addresses to everyone, priority will be given to students and graduates in archaeology, anthropology, history and art history.
The course has the aim to teach how to document rock art. The first week is mandatory for who has not experience in the rock-art recording, the participant will learn the necessary competences to record rock-art. The participants will lern to:
• Identification of the rocks and preparation of the surfaces.
• Placing of the tracing sheets in nylon and recording.
• Use of the total station, georeferencing of the rocks, elaboration of the data in GIS.
• Archaeological photography of the engraved rocks.
• 3D recordings of rocks and engravings (SfM).
• Digitization of the tracings, processing and recomposition with computer in laboratory.
• Catalogue, analysis and comparisons with archaeological sources.
• Post-processing of the data gathered.
A certificate of participation with the activities will be sent to the participants at the end of the fieldwork. If your university require to fill in specific forms, we are at disposal.
EUR 150: 110 € for the fieldwork and 40€ for the membership to the Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici