7 July 2023
European Consumer Law
The purpose of this five-day course is to provide a thorough introduction to European consumer law. EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented.
Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through discussions, case studies and workshops.
The course is suitable for practitioners seeking a thorough introduction to the various instruments in European consumer law.
- EU legal framework on consumer protection
- Consumer contracts: information duties, right of withdrawal and unfair contract terms
- Unfair commercial practices law
- Digital contracts: sale of goods and supply of digital content and services
- Consumer protection in financial services
- Travel law
- Dispute resolution and enforcement
Visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.
EUR 1250: Standard
EUR 937: EU and ERA patrons/Young lawyers and other groups
Scholarships available (Early registration discounts)