17 June 2023
Venice School for Human Rights Defenders
The Venice School is devoted to developing human rights defenders’ advocacy skills and expertise and exploring today’s challenges in the field of human rights or other topical issues, allowing participants to examine their causes and possible solutions.
The programme hosts the 2023 selected Sakharov Fellows and will include lectures by Sakharov laureates, Right Livelihood laureates, prominent human rights figures from international organisations, renowned academics, experts and activists.
The training programme is addressed to human rights practitioners from all over the world as well as to graduate students from all academic backgrounds willing to deepen and improve their knowledge in human rights topics. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
By taking this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore today’s challenges in the field of human rights or other topical issues, and allow participants to examine their causes and possible solutions
- Meet operational requirements and identify processes and means of transferring academic and institutional expertise into the public sphere
- Professionalise and maximise the impact of the work of human rights defenders
- Strengthen individual and institutional knowledge and skills at the national and regional levels
- Strengthen the capacity of human rights defenders particularly in fragile states
EUR 1400: The enrolment fee includes: tuition fee; lunches and coffee breaks on class days; welcome aperitif; access to our online learning platform and included documentation; certificate at the end of the programme.