19 July 2024
Engaging Consumers with Sustainability
The course uses collaborative activities to stimulate critical discussions around sustainability issues in modern businesses. You will analyze an organization's strategy for incorporating sustainability into their consumer engagement initiatives and explore the complexities that arise in the interplay between consumers, businesses, and the environment.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in business simulations focusing on sustainability, which will enhance your practical understanding of creating and implementing consumer engagement strategies centered around sustainability. In essence, this module offers a comprehensive exploration of sustainability in the business context, equipping you with the tools to engage consumers effectively and ethically in a world increasingly focused on sustainable practices
Demonstrate comprehension of a variety of reliable and pertinent concepts underlying the study of sustainability and its role in contemporary consumer engagement strategies.
2. Exhibit an ability to participate in a critical discourse of sustainability-related issues affecting modern business practices and consumer behavior.
3. Analyze a selected organization's strategy for engaging consumers in sustainability initiatives, including their communication and implementation methodologies.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of a chosen organization's approach to integrating sustainability into their consumer engagement strategies, and assess the resultant impacts on both organizational performance and consumer perception.
5. Develop innovative proposals to enhance consumer engagement in sustainability initiatives, considering current trends and the potential effects on consumer behavior and corporate reputation.
All our modules have been formally approved for 15 Sussex credits; equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3-4 US credits. This means that your study at Sussex over the summer can count towards your degree.
Sussex modules are accepted for transfer credit towards degrees at most colleges and universities. But policies and degree requirements vary, so you should obtain approval for transfer of module credit before you apply.
Please consult with your study abroad advisor before choosing your modules to ensure you are able to transfer any credit you need.
GBP 2: The full cost of one 3-week Undergraduate Summer School session will be £2,760. If you wish to study for both sessions then you can do so.
This is made up of:
Tuition fees of £1,820 per session include:
- All teaching and assessment for one module of study. Where field trips or course excursions are required then the cost of this is included in the tuition fee, however travel costs may be required
- A minimum of 150 study hours, with a minimum of 40 hours class/teaching contact hours
- Modules formally approved for 15 Sussex credits, equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3 – 4 US credits
- A transcript of studies upon successful completion of the module (including meeting all attendance and assessment requirements).
The accommodation and campus programme fee of £940 per session include:
- Your own bedroom in on-campus East Slope student village. These are a mixture of en-suite flats and standard flats with shared facilities
- Bedding pack of duvet and duvet cover, sheet, towel, pillow and pillowcase
- Programme of free campus social events and activities throughout each session. Excursions and social programme trips will be provided on Fridays and weekends.
If you are applying from one of our partner institutions, you will be entitled to a reduction in tuition fees. Please contact your study abroad office or email@example.com for more information.