3 August 2024
Automation & Simulation
In this Summer School you learn all about fundamentals in automation and simulation. The topic simulation features various exercises in a computer lab. You solve real world problems by applying software and acquire a solid understanding of methods used in mechanical engineering.
During a lab tour, you gain an insight into the institute's research approaches. In the automation part, you discuss modern automated production systems, covering all the major cutting-edge technologies of production automation.
The courses are highly interactive and contain a lot of intensive and fun teamwork.
✓ Lectures & tutorials
✓ Project work in a computer lab
✓ Lab tour
✓ Try and test methods
✓ Intercultural exchange & social events
Registrations are open now! Apply before April 1!
The Institute of General Mechanics (IAM) and a visiting scholar with whom the institute has been cooperating successfully for many years are responsible for the academic content. Eaton Industries has also been a long-standing partner for this course.
Every year we welcome students from all over the world. You can become part of our international student community if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- in your Bachelor's, Master's, in between or recently graduated
- are proficient in the English language
Desirable is basic knowledge in the following areas: Mathematics, Mechanics, Materials Science, Thermodynamics, Computer Science/Programming Techniques, Machine Drawing/Machine Elements or Modelling.
No English certificate is required. Our courses are all in English and therefore a proficient knowledge of English is important.
Solve computing assignments and apply your skills in a project
- Come up with elaborate calculations for adequate simulations
- Realize a project work in a computer laboratory
- Try, test, and acquire methods in mechanical engineering to understand automation processes
- Learn about current research challenges during a lab tour
- Upgrade your skill set for the interdisciplinary engineering world
Have a look at the workload of our Short Courses:
(1 hour = 45 minutes)
2-week programs | about 75 hours
3-week programs | about 100 hours
4-week programs | about 120 hours
Please note: All Short Courses are full time programs! Ultimately it is up to your home institution as to how many credits may be awarded. For details, please speak to your home institution’s Study Abroad Adviser.
EUR 3350: With our all-inclusive package we provide our participants a carefree stay in the charming historic city of Aachen. The program fees of each on-campus program contain for example:
- Accommodation (usually 3-or 4-bed rooms)
- Breakfast and lunch on weekdays
- A local public transportation ticket
- Broad supporting program
- Personal support from local mentors
- Emergency contact
- Certificate from RWTH Aachen University
Our team is glad to announce that we award scholarships for selected on-campus Summer School programs every year. Check out our website for details and see if you are a scholarship candidate.