15 July 2023
Creativity and Innovation
This course will show students how they can make a real difference to the organization, to the market and to the business’s bottom line.
Innovation and creativity are the key drivers of success in many industries today. They fuel the uptake of new technologies, the development of products and services and the formulation of strategies to secure competitive advantage. Truly innovative ideas can create new markets and boost a firm’s value or even transform its entire business model. But how do you propagate a culture of innovation? How do you tell which creative ideas are right for an organization? And how do you manage them effectively?
By introducing new ways of perceiving, understanding and approaching these aspects of the business matrix, this course will show students how they can make a real difference to the organization, to the market and to the business’s bottom line.
Dr. Mirella Kleijnen
Students and professionals with an interest in creativity and innovation, especially from Business and Organization Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, Social Psychology, Healthcare, Media and Communication Studies, Engineering, Technology Management, Operations Management and Education. Our courses are multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students and professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the role of innovation from a marketing strategy perspective.
- Understand innovation processes and the role of creativity within them.
- Understand and apply the basics of design thinking.
- Identify, analyse and explain an effective, creative concept leading to an innovation success.
- Apply theoretical concepts, frameworks and models to cases, illustrations and examples.
- Understand individual and group creative processes.
- Form an innovative team and understand the challenges inherent to its management.
Contact Hours: 45
EUR 1050: Tuition fees two-week course
VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner €700
Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam €950
Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam €1050
Early Bird offer
Applications received before 15 March (14 March CET 23:59) receive €50 Early Bird discount!
VU Amsterdam Summer School offers two kinds of scholarships: the Equal Access Scholarship and the Photographer Scholarship. More information can be found on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.