16 June 2018
Gain practical skills in the heart of the art world
The course explores contemporary art scene in Italy. We visit studios, galleries in Venice and have private tours in the most important museums. Participants meet artists, curators and exhibition organizers to see, feel and understand Italian and international contemporary art scene. You learn how to create and fund a successful project in Venice and discuss honestly current challenges in the art sector. Participants visit Peggy Guggenheim Collection and have a behind-the-scenes visit in the Murano glass factory.
The course ends with a workshop that helps participants advance their personal projects.
Classes: Tendencies in Contemporary Art | Exhibition creation and development| Venice Biennale | Exhibition planning: from idea to reality |Workshop: developing personal projects.
The course is created by Rene Rietmeyer, president of the European Cultural Centre
- a foundation that organises contemporary art and architecture exhibitions in its four historic palazzi in Venice. Rene has collaborated with artists such as Yoko Ono,
This course is carefully designed for: professionals looking to gain knowledge and insights, artists and art teachers wishing to polish their practice through a critical dialogue with colleagues and life-long learners who want to find inspiration in one of the world's most exciting art cities.
No prior knowledge of art industry is needed. Our participants come from all backgrounds and the course is open for anyone with an interest in Arts, Design and Culture.
1) Enhance knowledge and enrich your perspective on current trends in Art, Design and and the Venice Biennale
2) Feel as an insider at the Venice Biennale and any other large international art event by knowing what questions to ask and what things to pay attention to.
3) Become more confident and understanding whether it is a leisurely exhibition visit or an important business meeting.
4) Enjoy Venice beyond the classroom. Immerse yourself in creative and cultural activities or relax at famous Lido beach. For anybody who wishes to explore Italy, Florence, Siena and Milan are within proximity.
All students receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
You can get from 3 to 10 ECTS by registering the course as your internship/work placement/stage. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. You contact us and apply for ECTS with your university BEFORE attending the course.
EUR 950: The course fee includes the following:
6 days of classes and tuition
Study files / materials
Tickets to all museums and the Venice Biennale venues during the program
European Cultural Centre catalogues
Boat ride around Venice
Our team can support you with visa and accommodation options, if needed.
There is a small number of scholarships available. Contact us at email@example.com for more info.